Medically reviewed Darsita Thakkar, Master of Clinical Nutrition
Low body stamina is one of the troubles of many people. Gone are the days when we did so hard work and housework.
Work in the workplace, a long working day and ease of transportation make people give up physical activity. In combination with unhealthy habits, even walking has become difficult these days.
But in order to break this, lifestyle modifications are needed. Many of our clients have asked questions about how to increase endurance, and if you read this article, we are sure that even you are interested in the same thing.
Do not worry. The heavyweight is always at your service!
Fitness expert Truweight Sobha and certified nutritionist Darshita share some valuable tips on how to increase your body's stamina in terms of both healthy eating and fitness.
Physical activity cannot be ruled out when we are talking about increasing the stamina of the body. This plays an important role, and when you exercise regularly, you will definitely see a difference in endurance.
Our fitness expert Sobha says that after climbing stairs, if you have serious problems with breathlessness, gasping for breath, and if your heart beats fast, this is an awakening to understand that your level of endurance is zero.
If you have a low level of stamina; How to increase it from here? Sobha offers some tips on how to increase body endurance through exercise.
- Exercise can greatly help develop body stamina, but it should be taken slowly. For example, people quickly come to the gym, do too many things too fast, too early and at the same pace, they give up. This will not help you. Start with a simple walk, and then gradually move on to a quick walk.
- If you are fond of water, you can go for a swim or do water exercises, which are great. Water exercises are the best exercises both in terms of injuries and in terms of increasing endurance.
- Once you become familiar with water exercises, you can gradually start practicing yoga. Many people hesitate to join yoga due to lack of flexibility. But the right trainer can definitely help you make simple movements that you can do according to your capabilities.
Nutritious food to increase body stamina
Here are some important tips from a Darshita dietitian on what to eat to increase your body's stamina.
- It is very important to incorporate healthy eating habits into everyday life. To get started, include complex carbohydrates, such as whole grain rotis, brown rice, etc. in your diet.
- Along with complex carbohydrates, protein also plays a role in healing the body and increasing stamina. Some of the best sources of protein are eggs, beans, sprouts, legumes, and lean meats such as chicken and fish.
- The inclusion of healthy fats in your diet also increases stamina. Eat foods like Truweight Smoothie, Flaxseed and Pumpkin Seeds, which are rich in healthy fats. They are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
In addition to a healthy diet, maintaining the right meal time is also crucial. For a healthy body and digestion, it is important to ensure proper intervals between each meal.
This means skipping or skipping breakfast is a big no-no. Your first meal of the day literally breaks the fast after dinner the previous night, and therefore it should be given priority.
Similarly, maintaining quality sleep is also vital to the healthy functioning of the body and mind. It is very important to sleep at least 8 hours. This enables the body and mind to recover from all exhaustion.
Tips for people who exercise
For people who exercise regularly, here are some tips from Darshita and Shoba.
- Turn on the banana before you start working. Rich in potassium and vitamin B, it helps you be energetic throughout your workout.
- After training, you can take protein supplements or eggs. This will help you maintain energy levels in the body and help in muscle recovery. It is worth noting that eggs are a great option for breakfast or after training, because they contain all the essential amino acids that are very beneficial for your body.
- Many people tend to hold their breath during training, but this is not recommended at all. You need to breathe during exercise or exhale through your mouth and enjoy the entire workout. Oxygen is very important for increasing endurance. When you do this, you can see the difference for yourself.
Exercise is the key to building stamina and nutritional compliments in the main. When you religiously incorporate them into your daily routine, you will have a certain increase in your stamina.
If you are obese or overweight, this strategy will also help you significantly reduce weight. Here, not only will your stamina increase, but your confidence will increase.
So, put on your shoes and get up as soon as possible, and you will see how your body changes, the mind relaxes and the level of endurance increases! With the right effort, enjoy harder and harder!