Hello!! Today, I'm talking to Paul Huddle, author, triathlete, radio host, and he is currently the senior regional director of the Rock and Roll Marathon and IRONMAN series, which includes the Rock and Roll Races on the West Coast … Arizona, Las Vegas and San Diego. San Diego this weekend and we’ll see what it’s like behind the curtains of racing week! And he shares the secret discount code, which you can use at the exhibition !! I had no idea that he was going to do it – so I was just a little surprised and quickly typed it when he shared it. So the code will be on Run Eat Repeat if you want to run this weekend !!
If you're new here … I'm Monica, I started Run Eat Repeat.com as a training and dieting magazine for my first marathon. All I wanted to do was lose 20 pounds and run 1 full marathon. Well … I lost weight and ran over 30 full marathons and over 50 half-marathons! And the site has become an amazing online community! Thanks for attention. For more information, visit Run Eat Repeat.com and follow me. on Instagram @RunEatRepeat for the latest updates and check with your workout for today!
2 New Book Reviews
I looked through audiobooks like a watermelon, so I want to share a few before I forget …
Deceived: a double life, a false identity and a crook for whom I almost married, Abby Ellin
– 3 shoes
The author was happier with Gretchen Rubin. They are friends.
I really do not think that I loved the author … it was very dramatic, and it became more obvious to me that the book is not dramatic. I want it to be dramatic!
She talks about people who lied, lied in a BIG way. And her story sounds super interesting! I wish it was more like a podcast! Her story was similar to the story of “Dirty John” … this guy lies and puts on this big song and dances for the crook.
She is a writer, and she experienced it on her own experience … but she just talks about her experience in brief, and does not tell us how it really was. Again fur.
I really do not recommend it and just ended up listening to it, because I wanted to express my thoughts to you.
Ladies who beat on Ramin Setouode
– 4 sneakers … (or 3.5? I changed my mind, since I recently read a lot of cool books)
- Entertaining. He reminded me more about the podcast than about the book. I feel it jumped a bit.
- Quick listening … I learned everything pretty quickly, so I recommend it if you like real-life stories / BTS.
- Gossip – I did not like that it seemed gossip. I think there is a difference between telling a story as a neutral backstage account for documenting what happened and telling a story that seems to portray some people as good or bad.
I do not think that a book about talk shows in which only men participate will also be focused on fights and give the same atmosphere. It seems there are legitimate reasons why some hosts fought or were difficult to get on with. I do not say, do not share the drama. I say that it was focused on what seemed like minor fights. The show has been for many years – I feel that there should be a lot of happy friendship stories. We heard ONE.
- The reviews did not like the author to read this, but I think that everything is in order. I usually do not look for reviews, but for some reason this caught my attention. He was obviously not a professional, but fortunately, a bad review made me omit the bar, and I thought it sounded good — again, sort of like a podcast, so it was easy and simple.
- I recommend this to people who love pop culture and podcasts.
Interview with Paul Huddle "Rock and Roll Marathon" and Senior Regional Director IRONMAN
Paul Huddle is a former triathlete trainer who has become a coach, and now is the senior regional director in the Rock N Roll and IRONMAN series of marathons. He has extensive experience in participating in endurance races and organizing competitions. I could talk to him for hours! Today we focused on how he went from being an athlete to a leader, as well as part of the work of organizing the race.
I also answered the questions, but it was a little last minute, so the next time I will give you more time to ask …
Join the Run Eat Repeat podcast group here to have a place to ask questions and just hang out.
BONUS: At the end, Paul shares the latest rock and roll discount in San Diego !! So check and use at the show if you want to join.
Check out all the races and more information about the Rock N Roll Marathon series here!
And here is the last minute discount code for San Diego!
You can use it at the exhibition – make sure that you use it if you post your information on a computer at the exhibition and / or mention it to someone who helps you to register. (I signed up for an exhibition earlier and think that I remember that you have to put your information on the ipad, and then someone gives you a bib. I'm not sure what you do when you enter your information or when you pay. )
1. Races that give discount codes … and sites that give free shipping. Be in love. Check out my Racing Discounts for more!
2. Paner … because I really like this week.
3. These big heavy bones that I found at Marshall on sale, because Diego chewed them longer than anything I had ever given him.
Thank you for listening!
Please tick @RunEatRepeat on Instagram and let me know what you are doing right now!
If you have a question … ask! Email me or call the voice mail podcast RER.
Launch SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get a SMART Running Goals Worksheet!