With the growth of urbanization and economic development, the chart of lifestyle disorders also showed a linear increase.
Diabetes is one such metabolic disorder, the incidence of which is increasing at an alarming rate. this Diabetes day its time to realize and spread awareness of you healthy and healthy family.
Table of contents
According to reports of the International Diabetes Federation, more than 425 million people, aged for 20-79 years, worldwide suffer from diabetes. If the same conditions prevail, it is expected that by 2045 this figure will increase to 629 million.
That's not all. Being at the national level, India is the capital of diabetes in the world, with more than 72 million cases of full-scale manifestation and manifestation. And if conditions persist, by 2025 it could increase to double to 134 million.
Although these numbers may seem scary, it is important to be aware of the disorder in order to better understand and control when it is needed.
Determination of diabetes
According to the World Health Organization, "diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or when the body cannot use the insulin effectively."
- Type I diabetes– This category of diabetes is caused by a lack of insulin production in the body. Its start time is usually at the juvenile stage, which requires the daily administration of insulin.
- Type II Diabetes– This condition arises due to the improper functioning of insulin in the body. In this case, the body produces insulin, but the cells do not respond effectively to this hormone, which leads to disruption of glucose metabolism.
- Diabetes during pregnancy– This condition prevails during pregnancy with high blood sugar and decreased insulin sensitivity. This does not occur in all women and usually resolves after childbirth.
Risk factors for diabetes
Risk factors can range from controllable to non-modifiable factors. A better understanding of risk factors helps in effectively preventing causes and disorders along with its better management.
Risk factors can be categorized as:
Fixed risk factors
- Family history
Such risk factors cannot be controlled and require proper treatment and attention.
Modifiable risk factors
Want to know effective prevention and effective treatment of diabetes, as well as daily Indian products and diet plan.
Download Ebook Now
Such risk factors are usually influenced by the environment, which can be controlled through effective and efficient measures.
Symptoms of diabetes
Symptoms are specific, and its timely diagnosis helps in improving the management and treatment of the disorder. Symptoms include
- Increased Thirst (Polydipsia)
- Increased appetite
- Increased urination (polyuria)
- Numbness of the arms and legs
- Lower energy levels
- Blurred vision
- Delayed wound healing
Diabetes: taking care of every family
The diagnosis of this specific metabolic disorder is a stressful event for a diabetic individual, as well as for the whole family. They have to deal on many fronts, such as emotional, health, lifestyle and financial aspects.
As one of the leading noncommunicable diseases, diabetes must include strategic actions, preferably including the family, for effective management and results.
The family is one of the important agents of social support that can affect the progress of diabetes or demotion. This is due to various reasons.
- More frequent and close contact with a diabetic
- Share the same way of life
- Cultural similarity
- Better psychological insight
Research has shown that unacceptable family behavior has a negative effect on diabetes treatment adherence. It also affects their personal care behavior with reduced motivation.
Whereas family awareness of disorder and support can be of great help.
- The best adaptation to the disease
- Treatment adherence
- Effective knowledge of diabetes
- Better stress management
- Patient self-efficacy
The role of the family in managing diabetes
The management of diabetes becomes easy when it comes to family. Whether in the context of the self-awareness or motivation of the person concerned, the active participation and participation of the family helps in improving, healthy and sustainable outcomes ahead.
Various aspects that should be considered in such management include
- Family members can play a key role in managing stress through close and friendly participation.
- They can also help increase the level of motivation of the person concerned.
- Feelings of anxiety, frustration and depression significantly reduce when there is healthy participation in the family.
- Family involvement provides the best commitment to treatment with motivation and commitment.
- By participating in diabetes education programs, the family can be more educated and knowledgeable. This, in turn, will help in more effective treatment of the disease.
- Even, regularity with medications increases with the participation of the family.
- With the participation of the family, it was noticed that the chances of eating on the street are reduced, with homemade dishes being preferred.
- Since family members are close to the person concerned, they know the work schedule well. Therefore, the planning process becomes easy.
- The family is more actively involved in the healthy attempt on grocery stores. Not only for diabetics, but for the whole family, to buy and eat healthy.
General guidelines for diabetes management
There are several recommendations that should be followed for effective future management. You can follow yourself or better engage your family, and you will see that it is not just great, but also motivating.
This means that you should prefer home cooking rather than eating outside.
- Include fiber-rich foods that are present in whole fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Have more protein in the form of low-fat dairy products, legumes, eggs, and lean meat.
- Pay special attention to trace elements – minerals and vitamins, from fruits, green leafy vegetables and fortified foods.
Do not overdo it. Make sure that you have small frequent meals that help limit the size of servings.
Make your meals balanced
They have a correct, balanced coating with a half plate, covered with fruits and vegetables, a quarter with protein and a quarter with whole grains. Also include dairy products along with good fats.
Make sure to engage in one form or another of physical activity for at least 20 minutes, which ensures a healthy metabolism with regular energy costs.
You can also plan a schedule for the same, keeping in mind time availability and flexibility.
Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a good amount of water and other liquids such as buttermilk, coconut water or vegetable juice.,
Avoid processed foods, alcohol and smoking.
Foods with butter and sugar should be avoided, as they tend to accumulate in the body as excess fat. This increases the likelihood of insulin resistance and, ultimately, diabetes.
A regular check-up with a doctor is necessary, as it helps you keep track of the progress of regular monitoring. It will also help you when planning your future strategy, while maintaining your efficiency and activity.
Take proper sleep and limit stress
These two factors are interrelated, which affects the secretion and effects of stress hormones in the body. These hormones, in turn, violate the metabolism of nutrients and its distribution in the body.
Magic does not lie in medicine or does not correspond to any particular cure. But it is the awareness of the disorder, its timeliness diagnostics and effective management.
The real meaning of diabetes management is to instill healthy habits for better treatment of the disease along with family and future generations. So, on this day of diabetes, be sure to be healthy today and forever. Consult with our expert best nutritionist. The first health consultation is on us. Click here to take advantage.