Pectoralis major muscles, 6-pack abs, big biceps and triceps. This is what most people want. I feel big shoulders, traps and back more impressive, but to each his own. Here's how to build more weapons and increase the size of your biceps and triceps.
Common mistakes to avoid
Error number 1 is the endless biceps with curls and triceps to create larger weapons. It works at an advanced level, but for newbies it is inefficient and counterproductive.
- Curls and extensions. Beginners need overweight exercises such as Squat and Deadlifts to build total muscle mass, not isolation exercises such as curls. You need to climb hard to gain muscle mass, but you can not lift heavy exercises with isolation.
- Turn over your weapon. Arms are small muscles that you press on all the exercises, holding the bar and bending your arms. You cannot train them 5 times a week. Muscles grow when they rest.
- Neglect of other muscles. This will pick you out of proportion. Your hands will be too big compared to the rest of your body, and you will look funny.
- Do not eat enough food. You will never get 18 "biceps if you weigh only 120 pounds by 6". You must gain weight to build more weapons. People often say that you need to get 15 pounds for every inch you want to add to your hands. Check the table of muscle potential and how much you need to weigh to increase the size of your biceps.
How to build more weapons
You will never have a big weapon while you underestimate. No matter how many pieces of biceps you make. To build more weapons, first increase the total muscle mass, entrenched and eaten a lot.
- Eat more. You need to eat more calories than you burn to gain weight. Most guys will need at least 3000 kcal / day, skinny guys with a fast metabolism will need even more. Start taking at least four times a day – breakfast, lunch, dinner, workout after exercise. Eat a full stomach for every meal.
- Become stronger. Strength is size. Increase your squats to 140 kg / 300 pounds, increase the bench to 100 kg / 220 pounds and increase your cravings to 180 kg / 400 pounds. This will increase the overall muscle mass.
- Rest. Muscles grow at rest. Give your hands a break, they are small muscles. Check StrongLifts 5 × 5: the procedure allows a lot of rest.
- Tracking progress. Weigh yourself and measure your hands every 2 weeks. If your hands do not get bigger, you do not exercise properly or do not eat enough food.
- Avoid curlicues. Increasing your Squat & Deadlift will create your hands faster than the curlers of twists and triceps. Get stronger and eat more.
Strong shifts 5 × 5 and growth hands
A popular question is: can you add exercises for hand exercises in StrongLifts 5 × 5 to hit your biceps and triceps? You could, but you have a lot of indirect work with StrongLifts 5 × 5 already …
- bicepsBarbell's strings work on your biceps because you hold the bar and pull it towards you. Your arms flex as if your biceps are twisted, but the weight is much heavier because you use more muscles.
- tricepsA desktop press and an overground print work on triceps. You press the weight on each representative. Your arms are straightened, like on a shard, but the weight is heavier because more muscles are involved.
- ForearmHeavy traction work on your forearms. Avoid belts. Squeeze the bar, use the chalk and use the mixed grip on your maximum sets.
Another reason why you should focus on getting stronger on squats and deadly weights in order to build more weapons is because they work indirectly. Your hands squeeze hard during heavy squats and traction. It will make them grow.
However, you can add Chinups and Dips to StrongLifts 5 × 5 for additional weapon handling. These exercises are better than biceps or skull clippers, because weight is heavier. Chinups make you pull your own weight. Your body weight is heavier than the weight you would use on your biceps. Thus, you can work with your hands with a lot of weight on Chinups, because at the same time several muscles work.
Check out how to add handicraft in StrongLifts 5 × 5 here.