If you exercise in a large commercial gym, you probably noticed that Monday is National Bench Day. It seems everyone is training on the chest. Tuesday is often the 2nd Day National Guy with a lot of the same.
But how do you train your chest effectively for maximum growth? In this post I will explain to you what mistakes you should avoid in order to build a bigger chest and the correct method to increase the size of the chest.
Top 3 mistakes in building a building
Training the muscles of the chest 4 times a week using pro bodybuilders procedures wastes your time. Especially if you are skinny.
- Isolation exercises. You cannot emphasize your chest with heavy weights using exercises like dumbbell flies. Thus, you will not start the release of testosterone and growth hormone in the same way as with compounds.
- Food like a pigeon. You will never get a big chest if you have 120 pounds on 6 #. Exercise chest 3 times a week will not be more if you do not eat more.
- Isolation of the chest. Although your chest has two main heads, it is 1 muscle and contracts in general. You cannot isolate your top or bottom chest. You can only emphasize this.
Here's how to build a big chest.
The key to increasing the size of the chest muscles is to eat more and get stronger. Create a foundation before you even think about adding isolation exercises.
- Eat more. Your chest will never be big if you lose weight. You need to fill up your frame by eating more. Check the manual to gain weight.
- Make heavy connections. Balanced weight exercises such as Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press and Overhead Press are the fastest way to build strength and mass. Do them often and hard.
- Rest. Your muscles grow when they rest, not when you train them. Train your chest for a maximum of 2x / week. Eat your calories so that your breasts get the nutrients they need for recovery and growth.
- Use the right technique. Partial bench press does not work with a full range movement chest. Touch your shirt on the way down, lock your elbows at the top. Lower the weight if you need.
- Set realistic goals. The average guy will get a maximum of 2 pounds of dry muscle per month. To speed up this process, you can not do anything. You have to be patient and keep a trigger.
- Be patient. Especially if you are still a teenager. Your body is still developing. You will not get the breast development of a 30-year-old if you are only 15. Create a foundation and be patient. Your breasts will change as you get older.
Top 3 Breast Strengthening Exercises
Do not do things like a bench, pressing down on your neck or elbows. Both are potentially dangerous and will damage your shoulders. Use exercises where you can navigate safely.
- Bench press. Lets stress your body with heavy weights. Forget about getting a bigger chest if you can't at least scan your body weight at 5 × 5 (so at least 160 pounds at 5 × 5, if you weigh 160 pounds).
- Weighted dips. If your shoulders can take them: dips between parallel rods while wearing a weight belt will create your pectoral muscles.
- Dumbbell Press. Increase chest growth by stretching its roots along the way down. But you can not use the same weight as with a barbell.
Check out StrongLifts 5 × 5 for strength training, which includes many of the above concepts and will help you gain weight and increase the size of the chest.