This episode is part 2 of my 300-pound interview and host of podcasts under his viral article – "An Open Letter to Race Directors" from the back of the pack. Read the letter and see the photos on the website RunEatRepeat.com. In the last episode, we talked about his weight loss and run, going from unhealthy to the couch to 5 thousand. And, ultimately, to the marathon. If you missed it – I suggest you go back and listen to this episode before that. It is important to know where someone is going from to get a complete picture of what caused this article.
If you're new to the show … I'm Monica – runner, eater, redhead, mexican and podcaster in Southern California. I started Run Eat Repeat to prepare documentation for my 1st marathon and weight loss trip. Along the way, the site has grown, and now it's a huge community! Follow the site and @RunEatRepeat on instagram,
My mother, who had never been to Europe, went to Italy during the Thanksgiving week. This is my favorite holiday !!?
Thus, I had 2 options, how to celebrate T day –
A. Go to the bachelor with my father and little brother.
B. Order a Chinese takeaway … which I think is also a bachelor's style?
C-. My boyfriend … who are we going to call Newport? … I met his family last month, and his father asked what I was doing for the holiday, and said that I could join them. But I felt that Newport should invite me, right?
So I had to basically ask him to ask me to leave … which can be a misunderstanding and can be a huge red flag. But I am Spanish, and we have a history of fighting bulls, so maybe I’m attracted to red flags?
I brought a recipe for "Baked Brie," which I just published. This is amazing. Try.
4 Ingredient Real California Baked Brie Recipe
And please fill out the RER Mailing List form here.
I plan what workouts, recipes, meal plans and more you want next year. Call back so I can better help you! Thank you <3
Last time I talked to Martinus Evans from 300 pounds and Running Podcast about his weight loss, running and injuries. This is the episode before this, if you missed it -> 300 pounds and interviews with the podcast Part 1
Now we are talking about his article – "An open letter to race directors" from Back of the Pack.
You can read the blog post here: Open Letter to Race Director
Part of what made him controversial was that he was crazy and he cursed. So he got a lot of pushback online. He also had many people who said that they had a similar experience. Basically I wanted to know what he experienced in racing and what he wanted to move forward.
We jump straight into the conversation, so I directly ask him about the letter in this letter.
Basic information about a viral article:
– Evans is upset after several races, where he did not feel included. Some races he felt a direct reluctance and ignored.
– The letter is heated … he has four words in the form of a letter. And many people offended him. But many people also turned to him to say that they had similar experiences.
– It starts the race when the course is closed and / or auxiliary stations are removed before the appropriate date.
– There are also cases where he or other runners were too slow during the term. And he has suggestions for how you can still ensure that these people get to a safe end when closing the course.
– We are talking about what he experienced as a "slow runner."
“We are talking about how filmmakers can fit slower participants or choose to close courses early and officially change the cut-off time, so slower runners know that it will be closed.
I asked him…
- What race or launch caused this article?
- You mentioned that you did not receive a medal – what happened there?
- Why did you write this? What is your goal?
- What do you want from this letter?
- What was the answer?
Follow him on this site and on social networks here:
And if you have thoughts about which runners or race organizers can make everyone feel welcome, fun and safe, please share it here!
Podcasts Rewards for this week:
1. Pile on miles!
2. My new favorite eyebrow carving and coloring. I love you.
3. You! Tell me what you do while listening to podcasts!
@RunEatRepeat tag on instagram and tell me what you are doing while listening! I like it!
If you have a question by email [email protected] or leave a voice mail message with your question on the number 562 888 1644
Launching SMART goals
Fill out this form to get your SMART Running Goals worksheet in your inbox!