The day of the game is fast approaching – it's a day filled with friends, excitement, fun advertising and, of course, food! And this means that we all dig in search of the perfect snack or snacks that we can take with us to a big event.
If you are looking for recipes approved by the coach, look no further. Below are our top 5 healthy Game Day treats that will delight you until the end of the fourth quarter.
Buffalo Chicken Cutlets
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. L. Ranch seasoning
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. L. dried parsley
- 2 hours L. dried dill
- 1 h. L. garlic powder
- 1 hour L. onion powder
- 1/2 h. L. black pepper
- 1/2 h. L. dried onion
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and mix by hand until fully mixed.
3. Form a mixture of 12 equal-sized meatballs and put on a prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15–20 minutes until ready.
5. Remove from the oven and add extra hot sauce on top. Serve with carrots and celery.
Makes 4 servings | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Value | Calories: 185 | Protein: 26 | Fat: 8 | Carbohydrates: 3
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp. L. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. L. onion powder
- 1 pm L. salt and pepper
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. L. Olive oil
- 1 h. L. paprika
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup corn
- 1 diced peppers
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of green onions, diced
1. Place chicken breast in a slow cooker along with salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the multicooker and use two forks for chopping.
3. Preheat oven to 375 °.
4 Using a mandolin cut (or by hand, with increased attention), cut the sweet potato into thin slices. The thinner, the clearer they will come out.
5. Toss the sweet potato slices into a bowl of olive oil and paprika.
6. Line a baking sheet (or two) with aluminum foil and set a baking sheet if you have one. Put the slices of sweet potatoes on a stand so that they do not overlap each other.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
8. Increase the oven temperature to 400 °.
9. If you used two trays, condense all the sweet potato pieces on one sheet. Top with chicken, black beans, corn, pepper, red onions and green onions. Sprinkle everything evenly with cheese.
10. Bake for 5-6 minutes until the cheese melts. Top with diced avocados and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings | Cooking time: 4 hours | Cooking time: 6 minutes
Nutritional Value | Cals: 475 | P: 36 | From: 25 | F: 26
Five Minute Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup salsa (no added sugar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the avocados in a large bowl (peel and seeds) and mash with a fork.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to mix flavors (optional)
Makes 2 servings | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 0 minutes
Nutritional Value | Calories: 257 | Protein: 3 | Fat: 21 | Carbohydrates: 16
Chicken Wings Dry Rub
- 2 pounds. Chicken wings
- 1 ½ tbsp. L. Old bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp. L. Olive oil
1. Place all ingredients in a large 1 gallon plastic bag, add seasoning and olive oil. Shake until chicken is thoroughly covered. Let them sit for at least 1 hour, but the longer, the better.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the rack on a large baking sheet and spread the chicken wings on one layer. You may need 2 trays and wire racks.
3. Bake the wings for 30 minutes, then turn over and continue baking for another 25-30 until the skin is crisp.
Makes 8 servings | Cooking time: 60 minutes | Cooking time: 60 minutes
Nutritional Value | Calories: 265 | Protein: 21 | Fat: 20 | Carbohydrates: 0
Buffalo with chicken sauce
- 2 pounds of chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
1. Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on medium heat for 3-4 hours.
2. With two forks, chop the chicken and mix well. Serve with assorted vegetables.
Makes 8 servings | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 4 hours
Nutritional Value | Calories: 160 | Protein: 25 | Fat: 6 | Carbohydrates: 4
Recipes Cat Larrea, Pn1 – 60 Day Lifetime Program Manager
This article is not intended to treat or prevent disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. The use of recommendations in this and other articles of choice and the risk of the reader.