Snacks are an integral part of our daily eating habits and choosing the right food to eat is a cautious and critical decision. Tea time is the hardest part for people when it comes to making the right choice.
As it is correctly said: “We are what we eat!”. Choosing the right food and avoiding empty calories is necessary not only when you struggle with weight loss, but also to maintain healthy lifestyle.
Table of contents
This is where most of us tend to deviate from our otherwise healthy diet and cancel all of our good work done up to this point.
Having said that, snacking between meals is extremely important; to balance blood sugar levels and stay satisfied longer.
If you choose carefully, a healthy snack can be packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients and good fats.
The goal should be to maximize nutrition and minimize wrong food choices and empty kilojoules.
As for sweets and desserts, most of us have a sweet tooth, and it is very difficult for them to resist some kind of decadent treat.
This is where you have to be careful! if you are crave for something sweethave a small amount dark chocolateor date / rice after meals.
Although you should make sure that you do not eat dates on an empty stomach, as they are very high in the GI index and will cause a sharp jump in blood sugar levels.
A clever trick is to fill dates with raw almonds to dull the blood sugar response.
If you feel hungry between meals, stick to the foods listed below. Each choice is filled with healthy food, and you can choose according to your mood.
1. Mixed nuts
Nuts are the perfect nutritious snack. They were associated with reduced cardiovascular risk and may help prevent certain types of cancer, depression, and other diseases.
Despite the fact that they are relatively fat, they are extremely saturated. Some studies show that eating nuts in moderation can help you lose weight,
Tthey also taste great and do not require refrigeration. Thus, they are ideal to carry with you when away from home.
2. Greek yogurt and mixed berries
Simple greek yogurt and berries make a delicious, nutritious, dense snack.
Besides the fact that Greek yogurt is an excellent source of calcium and potassium, it also high protein.
Berries are one of the best sources of antioxidants.
YYou will get a good selection of antioxidants if you consume mix of multi-colored berries,
3. Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
Apples and peanut butter have a fantastic taste together.
Apples are high in fiber and polyphenols. antioxidants which improve intestinal health and reduce risk of cardiovascular disease.
Peanut butter can havee extra benefits for heart health,
It has been shown to increase Cholesterol HDL and lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Chips from cabbage
Kale is incredibly healthy. It is loaded with fiber and antioxidants, such as quercetin and kaempferol.
These compounds decrease blood pressure and can reduce the risk of colon cancer. A serving of raw cabbage in a cup provides more than 100% RDI for vitamins A, C and K.
5. Cottage cheese with flax seeds and cinnamon
Cottage cheese, flax-seed and cinnamon each has impressive health benefits on its own. Together they are a super healthy snack.
Cottage cheese is a high protein food that is very rich, and full-bodied varieties contain conjugated linoleic acid, which can help reduce body fat.
Flax seeds are useful for weight loss, blood sugar controland may also reduce the risk of breast cancer. Cinnamon helps reduce blood sugar levels and can improve intestinal health.
6. Dark chocolate and almonds
Dark chocolate and almonds make a rich, filling and portable snack.
Dark chocolate contains flavanols, which can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease, provided that the chocolate contains at least 70% cocoa.
Almond high in heart healthy monounsaturated fats and have a beneficial effect on controlling blood sugar levels. Studies also show that they can reduce your appetite and help you lose weight.
Dark chocolate and almonds are rich in magnesium. One ounce of each provides a total of about 300 calories, depending on the cocoa content.
7. Sliced cucumber with hummus
Cucumber and hummus are nutritious and go well with each other. Cucumbers contain cucurbitacin E, a compound that can have an anti-cancer effect.
Hummus is made from chickpeas, olive oil and garlic, which reduce inflammation and can improve heart health. One cup of sliced cucumbers dipped in 3.5 ounces (100 g) hummus contains about 180 calories.
8. A slice of fruit
Healthy snacks don't have to be complicated. Just one piece of fruit can be incredibly satisfying.
Examples of fruits that are portable and can be eaten with little or no preparation include bananas, apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, and oranges.
5 healthy recipes for a healthy snack
1. Chips from cabbage
- 1 cup bite-sized cabbage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the cabbage pieces on a parchment-lined baking tray and
- bake at 350 ° F (175 ° C) for 10–15 minutes.
2. avocado and strawberry smoothie
- Take ½ avocado, peel it, stone it and slice it.
- Add avocado, 150 g strawberries in half,
- 4 tablespoons of low-fat natural yogurt, 200 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- and a little juice of lemon or lime and honey (if desired) into a blender and whisk until smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a little water.
3. Immediately frozen berry yogurt
- Add 250 g of frozen mixed berries,
- 250 g of Greek yogurt with 0% fat and 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup in a food processor
- and mix for 20 seconds,
- until it unites into the smooth texture of the ice cream.
- Dig into bowls and serve immediately.
4. Peanut hummus with fruit and vegetable sticks
- Drain 380g of cardboard peas and reserve the liquid.
- Dip three quarters of chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tablespoons of chickpea liquid.
- To this, add the zest and juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon of tahini, ½ – 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 2 tablespoons of roasted unsalted peanuts and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth, then stir in the remaining quarter of the chickpea. Cut 4 sticks of celery and 2 carrots on batons.
- Then core 2 crispy red apples and cut into slices. You can use the remaining ½ lemon to squeeze apple slices so that they do not darken if you want. Serve with peanut hummus.
- Fry a bag of Mahana in a small amount of melted butter and a little salt and pepper.
- These snacks will definitely make your life easier and healthier.
- Now say no to an unhealthy snack and health and wellness.
For more such healthy and clean foodfollow our Truweight blog and also let us know which health articles you would like to read in the future.
To get a better idea of proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, talk to our nutritionist Truweight today. First consultation with us! Click here to help.